Please bear with us as the content of this page is an ongoing process. Our aim is to keep this page updated as much as possible with information and advice during the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic.
- Coronavirus information is available from the NHS here: coronavirus-covid-19
- Scottish Government information and advice is available here coronavirus-covid-19
Coronavirus in Scotland
- The Department of Health and Social Care will publish updated UK data on Coronavirus (COVID-19) every day at 2pm until further notice.
- After 2pm, the Scottish Government will publish an update on the situation in Scotland.
- Health Protection Scotland –
- Scotland Cares
The ReadyScotland website is being constantly updated and provides advice on volunteering safely and the organisations to register an interest with such as Volunteer Scotland and the Red Cross.
North Ayrshire Council Updates
- North Ayrshire Council – north-ayrshire.gov.uk/health-and-social-care/coronavirus-covid-19.aspx
- Updates for North Ayrshire communities: covid-19-updates-for-communities/35201/
- Council Tax bills for 2020/21 have been issued and have understandably caused some concern amongst those who have lost their job or who have seen a reduction in their income or earnings as a result of the coronavirus.
Please apply using the online form by clicking here.
Community Support Hubs in North Ayrshire Localities
North Ayrshire Council’s Connected Communities teams have launched a series of community hubs that will operate in each of the six localities. Their purpose is to be a local point of contact for community need arising from COVID-19, responding with advice, signposting, referral and tasking of local volunteers.
Please note, these hubs will NOT be open for the public to visit but will serve as bases for small coordination teams to operate from.
These Community Support Hubs will be open Monday – Friday between 10am and 1pm to receive phone calls. The answer machine will be on outwith these times and all messages will be picked up the following day.
They can be contacted on the numbers below:
Irvine – Fullarton; 07934163884, 07398108924 or 01294 278207
Irvine – Vineburgh; 07864718921, 07398108915 or 01294 317156
Irvine – 07936033039 or 01294 313593
Three Towns – 07907878861 or 01294 475900
North Coast – 07907876444 or 01475 673309
Garnock Valley – 07395901571
Kilwinning – 07395941792 or 01294 554699
Arran – 07496658760 or 01770 600532
If you are already involved in offering support regarding COVID-19 please get in touch to tell us what you are already doing or if you are interested in volunteering please complete the online form or email: email@example.com
North Ayrshire School Closures – Key Workers
North Ayrshire Council Education have provided us with assurance today that all secondary schools in North Ayrshire will remain open from Monday 23rd and will operate as hubs to provide childcare for key workers.
The secondary schools will be open to provide this service to parents only for health and social care and NHS staff, this will include independent and commissioned care providers. From Tuesday they will open to all key workers.
Hopefully this assurance will assist with concerns regarding childcare.
Support for Individuals
- If you are looking for information on local organisations who may be able to help you at this time, please search our organisation database: registered-orgs
- Mental Health Foundation has provided guidance for those isolating looking-after-your-mental-health-during-coronavirus-outbreak
- For those groups/individuals worried about elderly clients or neighbours please have a look at AGE Scotland’s top ten tips age-scotlands-10-top-tips
- If you are unemployed and in receipt of benefits, the DWP announced the following measures:
– People receiving benefits do not have to attend jobcentre appointments for three months, starting from Thursday 19 March 2020
– People will continue to receive their benefits as normal, but all requirements to attend the jobcentre in person are suspended
– Jobcentres remain open and will continue to support people who are not able to use phones and online, including homeless people
– People can still make applications for benefits online if they are eligible
- Treatment for Substance Dependence and Addiction: Guidance Document (PDF)
- Update from Turning Point Scotland – North Ayrshire Prevention, Early intervention and Recovery (P.E.A.R.) Service (PDF)
- SeeMe Scotland have guidance on looking after your mental health on their website
- Foodbank Vouchers
The voucher system from the foodbank has been suspended until further notice. This means that anyone can access the foodbank – no voucher is required.
Energy Supplier List
Families and individuals who are self-isolating and are on electric / gas meters or smart meters, can call the following provider numbers and organise to be sent 2 weeks credit for their meter:
British Gas – 0333 202 9802
EDF – 0333 200 5100
EON – 0345 052 000
N Power – 0800 073 3000
Scottish Power – 0800 027 0072
SSE – 0345 0262 658
Support from the Be Inspired project
- Support and information from Be Inspired’s community coaches (PDF)
Support for Parents
- North Ayrshire Council Education have created a guide to help parents support their children in the current situation: Guide for Parents (PDF file)
- Parent Club – https://www.parentclub.scot/topics/health/coronavirus
- Parentline Scotland – https://www.children1st.org.uk/help-for-families/parentline-scotland/
Support for Young People
- Young Scot – https://young.scot/campaigns/national/coronavirus
Support for Organisations
- For organisations requiring more information around volunteer disclosures/PVGs, visit mygov.scot/basic-disclosure/apply-for-basic-disclosure/
- SCVO, the national membership organisation for the voluntary sector, have created a ‘Coronavirus Community Assistance Directory‘ where individuals and organisations can find and offer help and support by listing their needs/availability on a nation-wide online database.
- SCVO’s Third Sector Information Hub: https://scvo.org.uk/support/covid-19
- SCVO’s Third Sector Resilience Fund (TSRF) is now open! This is a £20m emergency fund for charities, community groups, social enterprises and voluntary organisations working in Scotland. Apply here:
- ACOSVO is leading on providing peer support for chief executives and senior leaders.
- Health Protection Scotland have published a range of guidance for people who work in health and non-healthcare settings a-to-z-of-topics/covid-19/
- Wondering about upcoming AGMs or filing yearly returns to OSCR? Visit charities-and-coronavirus-an-update-from-the-regulator
- Guidance for supporting volunteers from Volunteer Scotland coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-volunteers
- Volunteer Scotland
Information to help volunteers and volunteer involving organisations during the Covid-19 epidemic – https://www.volunteerscotland.net/covid-19/
- Digital Candle is offering a free one hour of digital guidance for charities https://www.digitalcandle.org.uk/
1stop4thirdsector have an offering for small businesses during the pandemic:
“Coronavirus is a huge challenge for the NHS meaning that other ongoing health issues will not be a priority. 1Stop4aGP gives an immediate solution to this. In these unprecedented times, your employees are looking for certainty for their families and for themselves. Help free up 111 from unnecessary calls by giving your staff access to our service. With newly introduced government restrictions on movement to halt the spread of coronavirus and even simple medication being hard to find in pharmacies and supermarkets, our private prescription service delivers any medication straight to the door of your employee.
We here at 1Stop4aGP want to offer our help to small business employers. We know the financial pressure you are under, so starting from today, any new signups to our service by businesses employing between 2-50 employees will not be charged for three months, covering your workforce and their immediate families”.
To see their brochure, click here (PDF)
- Just Enterprise have information and support for social enterprises on their website: https://justenterprise.org/covid-19/
- Coronavirus Information support for North Ayrshire Council Community
– Briefing 1 – download (PDF)